It is a Sunday (21st October) and many have taken the opportunity to come visit Ampang Nan Tian Gong Temple to witness and experience for themselves the Nine Emperor Gods Festival here. Despite the heavy downpour on the afternoon of the 7th day, the temple was jam-packed with visitors, and vehicles were streaming in and out non-stop the whole day.
|Ampang Nan Tian Gong looking very glitzy just after dark (~7.30pm). The light stream all along Jalan Merdeka is an indication of how many visitors paid a visit to this temple.|
As the festival draws towards the end, I will just show a few pictures tied to light and dark, reflections and contrast.
|Fire and Water, Yin & Yang - the light of candles reflecting off the surface of a bucket of water which is used to douse the candles and the joss-sticks.|
Remember to come on the 8th day to see the Bridge Crossing Ceremony. which is open to all, male and female, vegetarian or omnivorous.
My links for the 2012 Nine Emperor Gods Festival @ Ampang Nan Tian Gong
- Pre-festival: The Calm Before Nine Emperor Gods Festival 2012
- Pre-festival: Ready, Get Set for Kew Ong Yeah
- Pre-festival: There's Just a Few More Hours
- Eve - Raising the Lantern Pole
- Eve - A Royal Invitation
- Day 1 - Wet, Smoky and Crowded
- Day 2 - Invitation of the Finance Minister
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6 - A report on the Feeding of the Heavenly Soldiers
- Day 7 (this post)
- Day 8 - Crossing the Bridge Ceremony
- Day 9 - Fire Crossing
- Day 9 - Round and Round and the rest
- Day 10 - Sending the Nine Emperor Gods Off
- Day 10 - Taking Down the Lantern Pole